Holy Trinity, West Mifflin

No public posts in this group. You must register or login and become a member in order to post messages, and view any private posts.
-A A +A
Diocese of Pittsburgh Shield

Mass Schedule:

Saturday Vigil

4:00 pm

Sunday

9:30 am

Weekdays

M-W 8:00 am

First Friday 8:00 am

Confessions:

Saturday

8:30 am

3:30 pm

Javascript is required to view this map.

Religious Education:

529 Grant Ave Ext
West Mifflin, PA 15122
Phone: 412-466-6545

Administrative Center:

529 Grant Ave Ext
West Mifflin, PA 15122
Phone: 412-466-6545/412-466-9257
Fax: 412-466-6968


Clergy:

Rev. Joseph R. Grosko, Administrator

Additional Information:

Parish ID:

19601

Open Date:

1901

Ethnicity:

Slovak

Neighborhoods Served:

West Mifflin

Parish History

Holy Trinity was founded as a Slovak parish in 1901.  Before that year, the Slovak immigrants who had moved to the Duquesne/West Mifflin area to work in the mills traveled to either Braddock or McKeesport to attend Mass.  To avoid this inconvenience, local Slovaks purchased property on First Street and built a frame church in 1901.  Soon afterwards, work began on a new brick church.  The cornerstone was laid on October 16, 1904 and the completed church was dedicated on September 29, 1907.  In 1908, the old frame church was converted to a school and used as such until 1925.

This church served the congregation until the 1960's.  By that time, the church building needed major repairs.  In addition, the reforms of Vatican II made it necessary to make major renovations to the building.  Rather than try to repair the existing church, it was decided to build a new church.  Ground for the new church was broken on April 7, 1968, and the cornerstone was laid on August 24, 1969.  The church was dedicated on April 25, 1970, and continues to serve the community to this day.

Photos From the Diocesan Archive:

Holy Trinity, 1907-1968
Altar, 1938
Holy Trinity, 2002
Interior of Holy Trinity, 2002