Saint Alexis

No public posts in this group. You must register or login and become a member in order to post messages, and view any private posts.
-A A +A
Diocese of Pittsburgh Shield

Mass Schedule:

Saturday Vigil 

4:00 pm

Sunday

8:00 am

10:00 am

12:00 noon

6:00 pm

Weekdays

M/W/Th/F/S 8:00 am

F 8:30 am (During school year only)

Confessions:

Weekdays

M/W/Th/F

7:30 am - 7:50 am

No confession on Friday during school year

Saturday:

7:30 am - 7:50 am

11:00 am - 12:00 noon

Javascript is required to view this map.

Administrative Center:

10090 Old Perry Hwy
Wexford, PA 15090
Phone: 724-935-4343
Fax: 724-935-1270

School: Saint Alexis:

10090 Old Perry Hwy
Wexford, PA 15090
Phone: 724-935-3940
Fax: 724-935-1270

Religious Education:

10090 Old Perry Hwy
Wexford, PA 15090
Phone: 724-935-0877


Clergy:

Rev. Paul J. Zywan, Pastor
Deacon Jeffrey J. Ludwikowski

Additional Information:

Parish ID:

01401

Open Date:

1961

Neighborhoods Served:

Wexford

Parish History

St. Alexis was established on May 25, 1961.  The parish was the result of the growth of population in the northern suburbs.  Land for the parish plant came from the purchase of a farm.  While the church was being constructed, Sunday Masses were held at the Pine Valley Roller Skating Rink.  However, this building was not available for daily Masses.  To meet this need, an existing chicken coop on the farm property was renovated and turned into a temporary chapel.  The first Mass in this chapel was celebrated on July 8, 1961.

Ground for the church was broken in the fall of 1961.  The building was constructed in 1962 and the first Mass was celebrated in it on December 23, 1962.  The church was formally dedicated on August 11, 1963.

Photos From the Diocesan Archive:

St. Alexis Church, 2002
Altar of church, 2002

File Attachments:


PreviewAttachmentSize
St. Alexis Parish Map.pdf165.49 KB