Saint Bede

No public posts in this group. You must register or login and become a member in order to post messages, and view any private posts.
-A A +A
Diocese of Pittsburgh Shield

Mass Schedule:

Saturday Vigil

5:00 pm

Sunday

8:00 am

10:00 am

12:00 noon

Weekdays

M-Sat

7:00 am

9:00 am

Confessions:

Saturday

2:30 pm

6:15 pm

Javascript is required to view this map.

Religious Education:

509 S Dallas Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15208
Phone: 412-661-9425 x12

School: Saint Bede:

6920 Edgerton Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15208
Phone: 412-661-9425
Fax: 412-661-0447

Administrative Center:

509 S Dallas Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15208
Phone: 412-661-7222
Fax: 412-661-9337


Clergy:

Rev. Edward M. Bryce, STL Administrator

Additional Information:

Parish ID:

06901

Open Date:

1922

Neighborhoods Served:

Point Breeze

Parish History

St. Bede was established in 1922.  The first St. Bede church was built in 1922 and located on Dallas Ave.  The first Mass was held on December 31, 1922 and the Church was dedicated on February 11, 1923.  In 1930 the church was lengthened from 99 feet to 135 feet.  By the end of World War II, the church was clearly inadequate for the congregation and a campaign began to raise funds for a new church.  Groundbreaking began in August of 1950 and the cornerstone was laid on October 29, 1950.  The present church was dedicated on September 23, 1951.

Photos From the Diocesan Archive:

The original St. Bede Church, circa 1930
Exterior view of St. Bede, 1951
Interior View of St. Bede during its dedication, September 23, 1951

File Attachments:


PreviewAttachmentSize
St. Bede Parish Map.pdf161.74 KB