Saint Benedict the Abbot
6:30 - 7:00pm
11:00 - 11:30am
St. Benedict the Abbot was established on May 29, 1962. The parish was founded to meet the needs of the growing community of Peters Township. Before the church was built, Sunday Mass was celebrated in the Peters Township Senior High School auditorium. Ground for a temporary church was broken on January 12, 1964. The completed building was dedicated on August 1, 1965. This church served the congregation for over 40 years. However, the influx of population in the area around the turn of the century caused the congregation to outgrow this church. A new church, seating over 1100 persons, was dedicated on August 5, 2006. The original church was then converted to a parish center and classrooms for the parish's religious education program.
|St. Benedict the Abbot Parish Map.pdf||103.92 KB|