Saint Mary of the Assumption, Glenshaw

No public posts in this group. You must register or login and become a member in order to post messages, and view any private posts.
-A A +A
Diocese of Pittsburgh Shield

Mass Schedule:

Saturday Vigil

4:00 pm

6:00 pm

Sunday

7:30 am

9:00 am

11:00 am

Weekdays

M-F 7:00 am

10:00 am

Sat. 8:00 am

Confessions:

Saturday

11:00 am - 12:00 noon

Javascript is required to view this map.

Religious Education:

2510 Middle Rd
Glenshaw, PA 15116
Phone: 412-486-5521
Fax: 412-486-5177

School: Saint Mary:

2510 Middle Rd
Glenshaw , PA 15116
Phone: 412-486-7611
Fax: 412-487-9509

Administrative Center:

2510 Middle Rd
Glenshaw, PA 15116
Phone: 412-486-4100
Fax: 412-486-4150


Clergy:

Rev. John A. Marcucci, Pastor
Rev. Mariusz M. Mularczyk, STL, Parochial Vicar
Rev. William Rutledge, M.A., In Residence
Deacon Francis J. Dadowski Jr.

Additional Information:

Parish ID:

36201

Open Date:

1840

Neighborhoods Served:

Glenshaw

Parish History

St. Mary was founded in 1840 in the area then called Pine Creek, now Glenshaw.  The origins of the church can be traced to 1835 when a group of local Catholics took it upon themselves to build a log church.  The church served as a mission of St. Patrick, Strip District until 1839, when it became a mission of St. Philomena.  On August 15, 1840, the property upon which the church was located was transferred by deed to the Bishop of Pittsburgh.  This marks the beginning of the parish, although it still continued as a mission of St. Philomena.  Not until November 1847 was a resident pastor assigned to the church.

This church served the congregation until 1866 when it was torn down and replaced by a larger brick church in 1867.  This second church served the congregation for nearly a century.  The movement of population from the city of Pittsburgh to the suburbs in the 1950's and 1960's led to the need of a larger church.  The new church was dedicated on August 30, 1964.

Photos From the Diocesan Archive:

First St. Mary church, 1840-1866
Second St. Mary church, 1924
Third St. Mary church, 1964

File Attachments: