Saint Mary, Sharpsburg
Sharpsburg, PA 15215
This parish is presently located at:
St. Mary parish was established in 1994 as a territorial parish. The origin of the parish can be traced to 1852, when St. Mary was founded as a German parish. In 1994 the German parish was suppressed and the parish was reborn as a territorial parish.
This parish, though, was doomed to a short existence. As the twenty-first century began, it became obvious that Sharpsburg could no longer support three independent parishes. On March 1, 2009, St. Mary merged with Madonna of Jerusalem and St. John Cantius parishes to form the new St. Juan Diego Parish. St. Mary Church remains open and continues to serve the new parish.