Bishop's Pastoral & Administrative Staff
This year, the Church will celebrate Catechetical Sunday
Please click on the Pittsburgh Catholic Conference (PCC) link below to view an article titled "Conscience Rights Violated by Sweeping HHS Contraceptive Mandate," which was taken from the PCC website.
Mission Statement for the Department for Religious Education
The Department for Religious Education is a collaborative community of faith commissioned to serve the mission of the Diocese of Pittsburgh and authorized by the Bishop to give direction to the catechetical ministry of this local church. The Department provides assistance and support to parish leaders and calls them to accountability for their responsibility for catechetical ministry.
(See Building Services for related department)
(Maintenance: John Hudson; Matthew Hudson; Eugene Foor; Joseph Rauterkus; Stephen Walsh)
The Department for Educational Budget and Planning's purpose is to provide technical assistance and support to the Secretary for Catholic Education and the Departments of the Secretariat (as well as those they serve) in the areas of:
- Budget development and control
- Financial analysis
- Financial policy planning and implementation
- Management information systems
- Long range (organizational) planning
The General Directory for Catechesis states, “in addition to the numerous traditional means in use, the media has become essential for evangelization and catechesis.” The GDC goes on to say, “In fact, the Church would feel herself guilty before God if she did not avail of those powerful instruments which human skill is constantly developing and perfecting.
Our mission is focused in three complementary directions:
• Parishes: We serve pastors and their lay leadership by advising on best practices for raising funds for both current and future needs of the parish.
• Individual Catholics: We counsel individuals who love the Church and want to use their financial resources as gifts from God to strengthen, preserve and pass on their faith to the next generations.
• Diocese: We assist the Bishop and his senior staff to achieve his vision of The Church Alive!
The Learning Media center has provided media resources for Total Catholic Education to the catechetical leaders, catechists, teachers and families of the Church of Pittsburgh for more than 40 years. The center maintains and makes available a collection of catechetical materials that range in format from books and periodicals, to CDs, DVDs, and Internet-related resources. The center also offers media workshops.